How to event stream data from your Svelte app to Google Analytics using RudderStack
RudderStack is an open-source Customer Data Platform that helps you track your customer events from your web, mobile, and server-side sources and send them to your entire customer data stack in real-time.
You can instrument event streams on your Svelte app by following three simple steps:
2. Set up a destination in RudderStack to route your event data in real-time
3. Deploy your Svelte app and verify the events
Before getting started, you need to ensure your Svelte app is installed and set up. If you haven’t done it yet, refer to the Svelte blog post for more information.
2. Write down the Data Plane URL. You will need this later.
In your Svelte app's project folder, navigate to the public folder and open index.html.
Place the following script within the <head> section of the page:
Step 2: Configuring a destination in RudderStack for routing your Svelte app events
To add Google Analytics as a destination in RudderStack, follow the steps given below:
1. Click on Destinations in the left navigation bar of your RudderStack dashboard and select Add Destination.
2. Next, choose Google Analytics as your Destination.
3. Assign a name to your destination and click on Next
5. On the Connection Settings page, configure your Google Analytics destination with your Google Analytics Tracking ID and other optional settings, as shown below. Then, click on Next.
Note: You can also transform your events before sending them to Google Analytics. For more information on this feature, check out our documentation on User Transformations.
Great job! Google Analytics is now configured as a destination. You should now see the following source-destination connection in your dashboard:
Step 3: Deploying your Svelte app and verifying the Event Stream
Follow these steps to find:
On your Terminal or cmd, navigate to your Svelte app's root folder and run the following command:
4. Click on the various links or pages in your Svelte app for RudderStack to track these actions.
Note: After deploying your app, there can sometimes be a lag before events start sending and are visible in your dashboard and destination. Don’t worry. All events are captured and sent; just be aware that they can take a few minutes to show up.
6. Upon successful tracking, you will see the events in your RudderStack dashboard:
7. To check if the events are delivered successfully to your Google Analytics destination, navigate to the Realtime > Events option on your Google Analytics dashboard.
Your tracked events will be shown in this window along with other metrics including number of active users, source platform, etc.
Get started today
Start building smarter customer data pipelines today with RudderStack. Our solutions engineering team is here to help.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.