We'll send you updates from the blog and monthly release notes.
December 14, 2022
It’s now easier than ever to set up complex destinations in RudderStack. Our new configuration flow clarifies and streamlines the setup process, so you can complete initial setup quickly and tackle advanced configuration as necessary. Check out the new workflow in our Amplitude destination today, and be on the lookout, we’ll rollout similar updates for more destinations soon.
The redesigned configuration flow simplifies initial setup, so you can get started with less friction. The new flow features:
- Streamlined navigation flow for configuring destinations: With required fields now forefront in the configuration flow, you can easily set up your connection with the bare minimum requirements.
- Self-explanatory layout and structure: We’ve introduced field help text and re-organized our fields by method to clarify the purpose of each field.
- Dynamically updating fields: Interdependent fields now dynamically update to surface contextually relevant configurations, ensuring you correctly configure and get the most out of your integration’s capabilities
Why did we undertake this revamp?
Adding clarity and streamlining the configuration process delivers a number of benefits:
- Minimizes opportunities for configuration mistakes in a complex setup environment
- Reduces the number of set up steps to help you realize value as quickly as possible
- Clarifies the purpose of each field and interdependencies across configurations
- Highlights valuable RudderStack features such as consent management through OneTrust and client-side event filtering
Check out our new configuration flow:
Required fields and destination connection mode are now featured at the beginning of the configuration process, so you can get up and running quickly and easily:
We moved advanced and optional settings to the post-connection creation flow for those who want to further customize their configuration.
Subsequent fields now dynamically update to only show what is relevant to the user’s desired connection mode or configuration settings. We’ve also enriched and expanded helper text to ensure you understand the value of each advanced setting:
Settings are now organized by call type and surface relevant RudderStack features to help you get the most out of your Amplitude destination:
Throughout the flow, coach marks and tooltips provide more context on the why and how to help prepare you for next steps:
We’re excited for you to experience our new configuration flow. If you have any questions or feedback, please email us at email@example.com. We’ll expand this design language to more parts of our web app soon, so stay tuned.
Product Manager at RudderStack