What You Can Do with Webhooks
Avoid constant polling by the client-side application
Enable real-time communication between the client application and the server
Improve scalability and reliability of the API integration
As Webhook is an HTTP callback, the exact code you need to make a callback completely depends on the language used for developing your application, as well as your app’s architecture.
RudderStack simplifies the process of configuring your preferred URL endpoints by offering seamless integration with webhooks.
How to set up the Webhooks Integration
It’s very easy! Use our step-by-step guide to set up Webhooks as a destination in RudderStack, and get started in no time at all.
Send Event Data to Your Configured Webhook Endpoints Using RudderStack
You can now configure your preferred webhook endpoints as a destination in RudderStack. You can enable the Webhook integration on the RudderStack dashboard. After this, RudderStack will automatically start forwarding your event data to the configured webhook. This way, you can send the events generated via RudderStack to your backend without any hassle in real-time.
By Adding Webhooks Support for RudderStack, you can:
- Track, collect and send your event data to the desired destination in real-time.
- Apply custom logic on the payload before sending it to the destination platforms of your choice.
- Capture unique user information, along with the associated properties and traits. You can then forward this data to the webhook endpoints.
- Record page views along with the other necessary details about the payload.
- Check for any delivery failures for the events that RudderStack sends to the webhook endpoint.