- constructor: RudderStack JS SDK, constructs an integration object with the destination specific keys such as
custom mappings etc, fetched from your config plane. These information are required by the below calls.
- identify: RudderStack JS SDK calls this method to pass identify event data. One can write custom logic specific to the destination before calling destination specific implementation.
- page: Similar to identify, with page event data
- track: Similar to identify, with track event data
- isLoaded: RudderStack JS SDK checks the output of this method, once true, events are forwarded to above methods.
The isLoaded method return true when the global destination object is ready. RudderStack JS SDK waits for a maximum of 10 secs and polls for this flag to be ready every 1sec. Once all the native SDK enabled integrations are ready, all the event data accumulated from the time of page load is replayed on these integrations.
To add a new integration, add the above said methods to a JS object and export that object to be picked up by the integrations map.
This map is iterated and matched against the config fetched from the control plane to construct only those enabled integrations. This is matched against the
name property of the integration object and destination config
All the activities of fetching configs and constructing and event forwarding to integrations is handled by the core analytics object.
Refer the existing integrations in case of any parameter reference.
For adding destination JS snippet, use the init method of the new integration.