trackcalls only while mapping your warehouse columns to the destination fields using the JSON builder. Visual Data Mapper is not supported currently.
Some key features of syncing events from Reverse ETL sources are listed below:
- Ensure the reliability of your events: Sometimes, your critical events(such as purchases) may get blocked by things outside your control, such as adblockers. In such cases, if you have all your users' activity in the database, you can send it to the downstream systems as a guaranteed source of truth.
- Simulate historical tracking of events: You can replay the historical data from other data sources to your sales, support, and marketing systems to maintain business continuity.
- Fix bad data and replay it: There is a possibility that your destination ends up with some bad data due to a bug in the tracking code or any other reason. In such cases, you can clear the bad data and replay a clean version by syncing the events.
- Test your transformations and integrations: You can use a sample dataset to test an event stream for a new version of your transformation or a new integration using the
Some examples where you can use the
track call to send events from your warehouse into the downstream destinations are listed below:
- Sending event data to engagement platforms such as Braze, Iterable, Customer.io, or Salesforce Marketing Cloud to trigger behavior or populate user actions.
- Sending event data to the downstream systems that are configured to handle
trackcalls, like Apache Kafka or Amazon Kinesis.
- Replaying the fact table that might be the source of truth for user behavior to the downstream tools such as Statsig, Optimizely, etc.
To sync the event data from a Reverse ETL source to a downstream destination, follow these steps:
- Configure your Reverse ETL source using the source-specific settings.
- Connect the source to the required destination by configuring the destination settings listed in either of the following guides:
- Importing Data using Tables: If you have configured your source using the Table option.
- Importing Data using Models: If you have configured your source using the Models option.
These guides take you through the detailed steps on choosing the event type to sync event data to a downstream destination.