RudderStack gives you two options to map your warehouse columns to specific destination fields while importing the data:
- Map with Visualizer (Refer to the Visual Data Mapper guide for the list of the supported destinations.)
- Map with JSON
This guide lists the JSON mapping settings required to import and sync data from your warehouse table to the specified destination.
The settings to import and sync data from your warehouse table are as shown:
- Schema: Specify your warehouse schema.
- Table: Specify the table residing in the above schema from which you want RudderStack to import the data.
- Sync mode: Select the sync mode that RudderStack uses to sync your data.
- Primary Key: Select a column from the table specified above to uniquely identify your records in the warehouse.
- Choose user identifier: Choose atleast one user identifier from
anonymous_idfrom the dropdown.
You will also be able to preview a snippet of your data, as shown:
Here, you can select all or only specific columns of your choice, search the columns by a keyword, and also edit the JSON Trait Key. You can also preview the resulting JSON on the right.
anonymous_idfrom the columns selected in the Choose user identifier section. Moreover, the traits are used from the columns selected in the Column section.
You can also use the Add Constant option to add a constant key-value pair which is always sent in the JSON payload, as shown:
The new constant will appear in the table and also in the JSON preview inside the traits, as shown:
You can also use the dot notation to define a constant, as shown:
Once you have finalized the configuration, click Save.
To update an existing configuration, follow these steps:
- Go to the Schema tab of your configured source.
- Click on the Update button on the top right, as shown:
- Update your column selection.
- Finally, click the Save button.