Zendesk Chat is a cross-platform live chat software that allows you to reach out to your customers in real-time via live chats and instant messaging. It also gives you the flexibility to have instant access to your ongoing as well as historical chats to get a full context of your conversations with your customers at all times. With Zendesk Chat, you can deliver rich, personalized user experiences across web and mobile. In addition, it is very easy to automate, and highly scalable for all your customer needs.
This document guides you in setting up Zendesk Chat as a Cloud Extract source in RudderStack. Once configured, RudderStack automatically ingests your specified Zendesk Chat data, which can then be routed to your data warehouse destination supported by RudderStack.
To set up Zendesk Chat as a source on the RudderStack dashboard, follow these steps:
- Log into your RudderStack dashboard.
- From the left panel, select Sources. Then, click on Add Source, as shown:
- Next, select Zendesk Chat from the list of Cloud Sources, and click on Next.
- Assign a name to your source, and click on Next.
- Next, enter your Zendesk Chat credentials. Enter your Zendesk Chat subdomain, and click on Connect with Zendesk Chat. You will be required to authenticate RudderStack on your Zendesk Chat account.
If you've already configured Zendesk Chat as a source before, you can choose the account visible under the Use existing credentials tab, as shown above.
- Next, you will be required to set the Run Frequency to schedule the data import from your Zendesk Chat account to RudderStack. You can also specify the time when you want this synchronization to start, by choosing the time under the Sync Starting At option.
- Finally, choose the Zendesk Chat data that you wish to ingest via RudderStack. You can either select all the data, or choose specific Zendesk Chat data attributes, as per your requirement.
That's it! Zendesk Chat is now successfully configured as a source on your RudderStack dashboard.
RudderStack will start ingesting data from your Zendesk Chat source as per the specified frequency. You can further connect this source to your data warehouse by clicking on Connect Destinations or Add Destination, as shown:
Use the Connect Destinations option if you have already configured a data warehouse destination in RudderStack. To configure a data warehouse destination from scratch, click on the Add Destination button.
Your Zendesk Chat's subdomain can be easily identified from your account's URL. It is usually in the format of
Yes, it is.
We have implemented a feature wherein RudderStack associates a table prefix for every Cloud Extract source writing to a warehouse schema. This way, multiple Cloud Extract sources can write to the same schema with different table prefixes.