Mixpanel is an analytics platform that provides specific tools for targeted business communication and customer engagement, in-app A/B testing, user survey forms, and custom reports to measure customer retention.
This document guides you in setting up Mixpanel as a source in RudderStack. Once configured, RudderStack automatically ingests your Mixpanel data and routes it to your specified data warehouse destination.
To set up Mixpanel as a source in RudderStack, follow these steps:
- Log into your RudderStack dashboard.
- Go to Sources > New source > Cloud Extract and select Mixpanel V2 from the list of sources.
- Assign a name to your source and click on Next.
Enter the following connection settings to set up the Mixpanel V2 source:
The connection settings are described below:
- Project Token : Enter your Mixpanel project token by going to your Mixpanel Project Settings > Access Keys.
- Attribution Window: Specify the time period for attributing results to the ads and the lookback period during which the ads results are counted. By default, this value is set to 5 days.
- Project Timezone: Specify your Mixpanel project timezone by going to your Mixpanel Project Settings > Project Details.
- Select Properties By Default: Enable this setting to capture new event properties and engage records. If disabled, these properties will be ignored.
- Start Date: Select the date from when RudderStack ingests your Mixpanel data.
- End Date: Specify the end date for the replication window.
- Region: Specify your Mixpanel domain instance from either US or EU.
- Date Slicing Window: Define the window size used to slice through the Mixpanel data. By default, RudderStack sets this field to 30 days.
The following settings specify how RudderStack sends the data ingested from Mixpanel to the connected warehouse destination:
- Table prefix: RudderStack uses this prefix to create a table in your data warehouse and loads all your Mixpanel data into it.
- Schedule Settings: RudderStack gives you three options to ingest the data from Mixpanel:
- Basic: Runs the syncs at the specified time interval.
- CRON: Runs the syncs based on the user-defined CRON expression.
- Manual: You are required to run the syncs manually.
Choose the Mixpanel data that you wish to ingest via RudderStack. You can either select all the data or choose specific Mixpanel data attributes as per your requirement.
Mixpanel is now configured as a source. RudderStack will start ingesting data from Mixpanel as per your specified schedule and frequency.
You can further connect this source to your data warehouse by clicking on Add Destination, as shown:
You can connect only one data warehouse destination per Cloud Extract source. If you wish to send data to multiple warehouses, you can configure multiple Cloud Extract sources with the same settings and connect them to each data warehouse.
Yes, it is.
RudderStack associates a table prefix for every Cloud Extract source writing to a warehouse schema. This way, multiple Cloud Extract sources can write to the same schema with different table prefixes.