Mailchimp is a popular email marketing automation platform used worldwide by thousands of businesses. Built specially for eCommerce and retail, Mailchimp allows you to build your audience and send them personalized campaign and marketing messages through web or mobile.
This document guides you in setting up Mailchimp as a source in RudderStack. Once configured, RudderStack automatically ingests your specified Mailchimp data, which can then be routed to your data warehouse destination supported by RudderStack.
To set up Mailchimp as a source on the RudderStack dashboard, follow these steps:
- Log into your RudderStack dashboard.
- Then, click on the Directory option on the left navigation bar and go to Cloud Extract under Sources.
- From the list of sources, click on Mailchimp.
- Assign a name to your source, and click on Next.
- Next, click on the Connect with Mailchimp option, as shown:
If you've already configured Mailchimp as a source before, you can choose the account visible under the Use existing credentials tab.
- Authorize RudderStack to access your Mailchimp account, as shown:
- Select the Earliest campaign year and the Campaign fetch period in the settings. The details are as follows:
- Earliest campaign year: The first import will fetch all the campaign data since the start of the specified year.
- Campaign fetch period: All the subsequent imports will fetch the campaign data up to this specified period.
- Next, you will be required to set the Table Prefix. RudderStack will create a table with this prefix name in your database and load all your Mailchimp data into it.
- Also, set the Run Frequency to schedule the data import from your Mailchimp account to RudderStack. Optionally, you can also specify the time when you want this synchronization to start, by choosing the time under the Sync Starting At option.
- Finally, choose the Mailchimp data that you wish to ingest via RudderStack. You can either select all the data, or choose specific Mailchimp attributes, as per your requirement.
That's it! Mailchimp is now successfully configured as a source on your RudderStack dashboard.
RudderStack will start ingesting data from Mailchimp as per the specified frequency. You can further connect this source to your data warehouse by clicking on Connect Destinations or Add Destinations, as shown:
Use the Connect Destinations option if you have already configured a data warehouse destination in RudderStack. To configure a data warehouse destination from scratch, click on the Add Destination button.
Yes, it is.
We have implemented a feature wherein RudderStack associates a table prefix for every Cloud Extract source writing to a warehouse schema. This way, multiple Cloud Extract sources can write to the same schema with different table prefixes.