Bing Ads is a pay per click (PPC) advertising platform that works on both Bing and Yahoo search engines. It allows marketers to track and monitor their ad campaigns, resulting clicks, CTRs, and more. With Bing Ads, you can also implement efficient ad retargeting for your customers who have completed actions like adding product to a cart or view a product without purchasing it.
This document guides you in setting up Bing Ads as a source in RudderStack. Once configured, RudderStack automatically ingests your specified Bing Ads data, which can then be routed to your data warehouse destination via RudderStack.
To set up Bing Ads as a source in RudderStack, follow these steps:
- Log into your RudderStack dashboard.
- Then, click on the Directory option on the left navigation bar and go to Cloud Extract under Sources. From the list of sources, click on Bing Ads.
- Assign a name to your source, and click on Next.
- Then, click on the Connect with Bing Ads option. Give RudderStack the required permissions to access your Bing Ads account.
If you've already configured Bing Ads as a source before, you can choose the account visible under the Use existing credentials tab.
- Under Source Settings, choose the Bing Ads Customer Account and the Report Name.
- Once you select the report using Report Name, the Report Columns option will appear automatically. Choose the required columns from which from which you want to ingest the data into RudderStack.
- Next, under Destination Settings, specify the Table Prefix. RudderStack will create a table in your warehouse destination with this prefix and store the Bing Ads source data.
- Under Schedule Settings, specify the Run Frequency with which RudderStack will sync the data to the warehouse destination. Optionally, you can also specify the time when you want this synchronization to happen, by choosing the time under the Sync Starting At option.
That's it! Bing Ads is now successfully configured as a source on your RudderStack dashboard.
RudderStack will start ingesting data from Bing Ads as per the specified frequency. You can then connect this source to your data warehouse by clicking on Add Destination, as shown:
Select the Use Existing Destination option if you have already configured a data warehouse destination in RudderStack. To configure a data warehouse destination from scratch, select the Create New Destination option.
Yes, it is.
We have implemented a feature wherein RudderStack associates a table prefix for every Cloud Extract source writing to a warehouse schema. This way, multiple Cloud Extract sources can write to the same schema with different table prefixes.