Extole is a popular referral marketing tool. It enables you to offer an integrated, optimized, and effective customer experience for your audience.
You can now send your Extole events to RudderStack by adding a webhook that points to RudderStack. These events include the reward-specific events such as
reward_sent, etc. along with other Extole custom events.
This guide will help you in setting up Extole as a source in RudderStack.
Follow these steps to set up your Extole source in the RudderStack dashboard:
- Go to your RudderStack dashboard and click on Add Source. From the list of Event Streams sources, select Extole.
- Assign a name to your source and click Continue.
- Your Extole source is now configured. Go to the Settings tab and note the Webhook URL, as shown:
- Next, head over to your Extole account and select the program you want to use for RudderStack to ingest your data.
- Then, navigate to the Tech Center section from the sidebar and then select Rewards WebHooks.
- Then, click on the New Reward Webhook option as seen in the following image:
- In the URL text box, add the webhook URL obtained in Step 3. The URL should be of the following format:
- Finally, save the endpoint.
RudderStack ingests the Extole events after converting them into the RudderStack event format. For example, Extole's
event_id is converted and set to
trackcall with the designated event name and associated properties received from Extole.
RudderStack populates the following properties from the Extole event payload to the RudderStack event:
|Extole Property||RudderStack Property|
reward_sentsent to Rudderstack will be directly mapped to the Rudderstack event properties.