App Center is Microsoft's cross-platform build automation and management platform. It lets you automate your builds, test your apps in the cloud, and monitor their real-time usage with the help of crash data and analytics.
You can send your App Center events by adding a webhook that points to RudderStack. These events include activities related to build success or failure, new app version releases, or app crashes. You can also configure what events to send per your requirement on their dashboard.
This guide will help you set up App Center as a source in RudderStack.
Follow these steps to set up your App Center source in the RudderStack dashboard:
- Go to your RudderStack dashboard and click on Add Source. From the list of Event Streams sources, select App Center.
- Assign a name to your source and click Continue.
- Your App Center source is now configured. Note the source Write key required to configure the webhook URL.
- Then, head over to your App Center account and select the application you want to configure. Here, navigate to the Webhooks section under Settings from the sidebar, and then create a new webhook, as shown:
- In the URL text box, add the URL pointing to RudderStack in the following format:
A sample URL is as shown:
- Finally, save the endpoint.
The App Center events are ingested into a RudderStack
track call with the designated name and properties as the entire event received from App Center. For example, the
app_name set by App Center is set as
The following table highlights the mapping of various App Center events from App to RudderStack's
|App Center Event||RudderStack Track Event Name|
Also, RudderStack populates the following properties from the App Center event payload to the RudderStack event:
|App Center Property||RudderStack Property|