RudderStack lets you send your user events directly to LinkedIn by supporting LinkedIn Insight Tag as a destination.
The following flow explains how this integration works:
- The user configures LinkedIn Insight Tag as a destination in RudderStack.
To enable sending your event data to LinkedIn Insight Tag, you will first need to add it as a destination in RudderStack.
Once you have confirmed that the platform supports sending events to LinkedIn, perform the steps below:
- From your RudderStack dashboard, add the source and LinkedIn Insight Tag as a destination.
- Assign a name to your destination and click on Next. You should now see the following Connection Settings page.
To successfully configure LinkedIn Insight Tag as a destination, you will need a Partner ID. To get the Partner ID, follow the steps below:
- Sign in to LinkedIn Campaign Manager.
- Then, you will need to create an ad account. Enter your account name, an optional LinkedIn page, and currency information. As of now, no payment is required.
- Next, you will need the Partner ID. Click on your account name and locate the Account Assets dropdown menu. Select Insight Tag as shown:
- If you are using the LinkedIn Insight Tag for the first time, you will see the Install my Insight Tag option.
If you have already set up your Insight Tag before, you will see the Manage Insight Tag option. Click on it and choose See Tag.
- Next, click on I will use a tag manager. You should now be able to see your Partner ID.
- Copy and paste this Partner ID in the RudderStack dashboard to complete the configuration.
You should now be able to see the website domains on which the Insight Tag is loaded.
The RudderStack SDK loads asynchronously with your website. When loading the LinkedIn Insight Tag tracking snippet, it will not slow down your website's performance at all.