RudderStack supports sending events to Iterable via the following connection modes:
Once you have confirmed that the source platform supports sending events to Iterable, follow these steps:
- From your RudderStack dashboard, add the source. Then, from the list of destinations, select Iterable.
- Assign a name to your destination and click Continue.
To successfully configure Iterable as a destination, you will need to configure the following settings:
- Iterable API Key: Enter your Iterable API key. You can obtain it by going to the API Configuration Settings section in your Iterable account.
- Map All Pages to Single Event Name: If this setting is enabled, all the pages will be tracked to Iterable with the same event name.
pageevents, RudderStack will set the event name as
Loaded a Page.
screenevents, RudderStack will set the event name as
Loaded a Screen.
- Track All Pages: If this setting is enabled, all the page events will be sent to Iterable.
- Track Categorized Pages: If this setting is enabled, only pages with a category present will be tracked.
- Track Named Pages: If this setting is enabled, RudderStack will track only the pages having a name.
- Use device mode to send events: Enable this setting to send your events to Iterable via web device mode.
- Mapping to trigger the getInApp messages: Use this setting to specify the event names for which you want to trigger the website push notifications.
- Mapping to trigger the purchase events: Use this setting to specify the event names for which you want to trigger the Iterable purchase events.
- Identifier to identify a user over a session: Select the identifier from Email and UserID. RudderStack uses this identifier to uniquely identify a user during the session.
- Trigger a track event for web in-app push: Enable this setting to track your website in-app push notifications.
- Package Name: Enter the name of your website for which the in-app notifications are shown.
The following settings let you customize the on-screen position, timing, content, and behavior of the in-app notifications:
- Time (in ms) for messages to animate in and out
- Space (px or %) between screen bottom & messages
- Space (px or %) between screen right & messages
- Space (px or %) between screen top & messages
- Wait time for next message
- Control how to open links
- Screen Reader Text
- Focus Element
- Color of Close button
- Size of Close button
- Space between button & container top
- Space between button & container side
- Custom pathname
- Prevent user dismissing in-app message by clicking outside message
- OneTrust Cookie Categories: This setting lets you associate OneTrust cookie consent groups to the Iterable destination.
You can get the Iterable API key by navigating to Integrations > API Keys. For more information, refer to this Iterable documentation.
If the Track Named Pages setting is enabled in the RudderStack dashboard, RudderStack will only track the pages that have a name assigned to them.
If the Track Categorized Pages setting is enabled in the RudderStack dashboard, RudderStack will only track the pages that have a category assigned to them.