Zendesk is a popular customer support, sales and service platform that lets you serve and engage with your customers effectively. Zendesk offers integrated customer support, a modern sales CRM, as well as a smart, self-serve knowledge base. In addition, its analytics and reporting capabilities lets you understand your customers better. In addition, you can also engage with them more effectively through Zendesk's personalized live chats and messaging service.
This document guides you in setting up Zendesk as a source in RudderStack. Once configured, RudderStack automatically ingests your specified Zendesk data, which can then be routed to your data warehouse destination supported by RudderStack.
All the Cloud Extract sources support sending data only to a data warehouse destination.
To set up Zendesk as a source on the RudderStack dashboard, follow these steps:
- Log into your RudderStack dashboard.
- From the left panel, select Sources. Then, click on Add Source, as shown:
- Next, select Zendesk from the list of Cloud Sources, and click on Next.
- Assign a name to your source, and click on Next.
- Next, enter your Zendesk credentials. This includes your Zendesk Subdomain, your Zendesk username, and the API Token.
For the Subdomain input, do not include
.zendesk.com as part of the subdomain. Just include the subdomain name.
To create a Zendesk API token, log into your Zendesk dashboard, and navigate to Admin - Channels - API in the Zendesk admin interface, and click the Add New Token link.
If you've already configured Zendesk as a source before, you can choose the account visible under the Use existing credentials tab.
- Next, you will be required to set the Run Frequency to schedule the data import from your Zendesk account to RudderStack. You can also specify the time when you want this synchronization to start, by choosing the time under the Sync Starting At option.
- Finally, choose the Zendesk data that you wish to ingest via RudderStack. You can either select all the data, or choose specific Zendesk data attributes, as per your requirement.
That's it! Zendesk is now successfully configured as a source on your RudderStack dashboard.
RudderStack will start ingesting data from your Zendesk source as per the specified frequency. You can further connect this source to your data warehouse by clicking on Connect Destinations or Add Destination, as shown:
Use the Connect Destinations option if you have already configured a data warehouse destination in RudderStack. To configure a data warehouse destination from scratch, click on the Add Destination button.
Yes, it is.
We have implemented a feature wherein RudderStack associates a table prefix for every Cloud Extract source writing to a warehouse schema. This way, multiple Cloud Extract sources can write to the same schema with different table prefixes.
If you come across any issues while configuring Zendesk as a source on the RudderStack dashboard, please feel free to contact us. You can also start a conversation in our Slack community; we will be happy to talk to you!